Thursday, October 4, 2012

More Reflections

After some practice and experience with our new Kindles, I believe they are going to be a very valuable resource for our Humanities class and other English classes to come.  The Kindles are not only convenient, but they make note-taking easier with the highlight and notation features.  I think that this will boost student grades, as well as participation since it is so enjoyable to use the Kindles.  It is much more motivating to read from a Kindle than from a normal book, reason being that teenagers in this technologically advancing world will more than likely be more drawn in by a piece of technology than a traditional paperback book.  They will also appreciate and take advantage of the dictionary and note-taking features since they are very accessible   So, because of these reasons particularly, my Kindle experience has been that of a positive one and I am looking forward to using it throughout the remainder of my Senior year of high school.  -Robyn
 
There are a lot of things to like about the new kindles that we get to use for English class. It is very easy to download whatever book you want to read because you can access amazon from where ever you have a Wi-Fi connection. Also, if the font or letter size is hard for you to read you can change them. The kindle even remembers your place in the book so you don’t need to. Even though there are all of these cool features, my favorite feature on the Kindle is being able to have it read to you. I always start reading books, and quickly find mind wandering all over the place, not even knowing what I just read. However, I find it a lot easier to pay attention when listening to someone than it is when I am doing the reading. With all these great features, it is no surprise that the kindle has made reading a lot easier for me.-Kyle

So far, I really enjoyed using the Kindles to read Medea. I like how we can see the percentage at the bottom of the page and can tell how much of the book we still have left to read; it's a great time management tool. I also like the fact that we won't have to carry around multiple books at once and that it's all available on the Kindle. It's very easy to use and I'm looking forward to reading more books on it for upcoming assignments. -Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment